Class of 2014 Profile: Tye Massaroni Commences Career at PricewaterhouseCoopers

Posted on May 16, 2014.

Name: Tye Massaroni

Major: Massaroni graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Accounting on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Massaroni accepted a position with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the world’s top accounting firms. Tye will work in their Audit and Assurance department.

How HPU helped you get there: “They say it takes a village to raise a child. I think it takes a university to teach a student, but it takes HPU to cultivate a success. My peers pushed me to better myself, the campus caused me to respect myself, and my professors always fed my curiosity. My advisor, George Noxon, had a career with PwC and was able to answer my eager questions, and the rest of the accounting department was well-equipped to answer all of my various inquiries and were never shy to present daily challenges that helped to instill and enforce essential skill sets.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I started my freshman year as a chemistry major, but I took some business core classes because I wanted to make sure I truly wanted to be a chemistry major. When I came back for the spring semester I had the classic eight-hour panic attack my mother can attest to: is this what I want, will I be successful, etc. Within four hours, I had talked to the head of the accounting department, my advisor and even the dean of the business school; all who helped me solidify my big switch to accounting. It was impactful because it was effortless and fruitful; I was able to talk to all that I wanted to and needed to.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”