Class of 2014 Profile: Tye Massaroni Commences Career at PricewaterhouseCoopers

Posted on May 16, 2014.

Name: Tye Massaroni

Major: Massaroni graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Accounting on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Massaroni accepted a position with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the world’s top accounting firms. Tye will work in their Audit and Assurance department.

How HPU helped you get there: “They say it takes a village to raise a child. I think it takes a university to teach a student, but it takes HPU to cultivate a success. My peers pushed me to better myself, the campus caused me to respect myself, and my professors always fed my curiosity. My advisor, George Noxon, had a career with PwC and was able to answer my eager questions, and the rest of the accounting department was well-equipped to answer all of my various inquiries and were never shy to present daily challenges that helped to instill and enforce essential skill sets.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I started my freshman year as a chemistry major, but I took some business core classes because I wanted to make sure I truly wanted to be a chemistry major. When I came back for the spring semester I had the classic eight-hour panic attack my mother can attest to: is this what I want, will I be successful, etc. Within four hours, I had talked to the head of the accounting department, my advisor and even the dean of the business school; all who helped me solidify my big switch to accounting. It was impactful because it was effortless and fruitful; I was able to talk to all that I wanted to and needed to.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant