Class of 2014 Profile: Andrew Brooks Constructs New Business

Posted on May 1, 2014.

Name: Andrew Brooks

Major: Brooks graduates with a B.S. in Business Administration on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Brooks accepted position as an Operations Associate with the Professional Development Program (PDP) at Oldcastle Materials, a construction and materials company, in Tampa, Fla. He will also continue working with his company, CollegeMeans, a safe exchange network where college students can buy and sell products such as dorm room furniture and more.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has provided me with more than just an education. Dr. Qubein’s holistic environment he created for the students at High Point University has prepared me with the knowledge and skills to be confidently prepared for the business world. I am excited to represent HPU as an alumnus making a difference in society.”

Most impactful event from HPU: “In the spring of 2013 Dr. Qubein hosted an entrepreneur round table event with North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory; racing CEO and businessman Richard Childress; International Market Centers CEO Robert Maricich; School House founder Rachel Weeks; and Bryan Young, CEO of BEC. This event was a once in a lifetime opportunity to listen and learn from five very successful entrepreneurs telling their story and giving advice to the future businessmen and women of the world. I took what I learned from this event and applied the knowledge to my company CollegeMeans. Through this event I was able to get in contact with Young, who has created and designed my website. Today, I sit here only days away from graduation and cannot be more thankful for the experiences HPU has given me throughout the past four years.”

22

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”