Class of 2014 Profile: Nida Ahmed Pursues Master’s in Belgium

05.1.2014

Name: Nida Ahmed

Major: Ahmed graduated with a B.A. in International Business on May 3, with minors in Accounting and Finance.

Post-graduation plans: Ahmed will be attending graduate school at Fordham University for a master’s degree in Global Finance in Antwerp, Belgium.

How HPU helped you get there: “Prof. Allison Walker constantly pushed me to think outside the box and through her teaching I strived to learn more. I would have to say the two most influential people at High Point that assisted me in my acceptance to grad school are Dr. Sundaram and Bridget Holcombe. Dr. Sundaram is my advisor and has supported my academics the last three years as well as provided career guidance. Bridget has helped me since sophomore year with my resume, cover letter, and finally my grad school essays.”

Most impactful activity from HPU: “During my sophomore year, the investment club took a trip to Virginia for a venture capitalist conference. It was two days long, and one of the keynote speakers was the creator of Netflix. I really enjoyed the trip because it was very informative and interesting.”

08

22

Psychology, HPU, Relationship Research, Sadie Leder
    Professor Authors Chapter in New Book for Aspiring Psychology Professors
    Sharon Love
    HPU to Host Mother of Slain UVA Student for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
    Junior Michelle Palombi informs buyers about products at Designmaster Furniture during the fall High Point Market.
    Industry Exposé: Students Work at High Point Market