Class of 2014 Profile: Stephanie Schwartz Secures Corporate Marketing Career

05.2.2014

Name: Stephanie Schwartz

Major: Schwartz graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication on May 3, with a minor in Marketing.

Post-graduation plans: Schwartz accepted a Marketing Analyst position at the corporate headquarters of Office Depot in Boca Raton, Fla.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has helped me achieve my goal of working for Office Depot by allowing me to serve as a leader, take risks and pursue my passions. I have been lucky enough to serve the university in a variety of ways, which has helped me to develop my public speaking and interpersonal skills. Furthermore, the School of Communication and School of Business have done an excellent job preparing me for the real world. I am confident that because of High Point University, I will be able to enter this job a step above other students.”

Most impactful professors from HPU: “There are two special professors for me that have always been there for me. Prof. Watson in the School of Communication has been a teacher, a source of advice, my ‘on-campus dad’ and much more. He has prepared me for the public relations, campaign management and other aspects of communication that will play a part in my career. Dr. Hanson in the School of Business was the professor I had for my first marketing class, which really ignited the spark and my love of marketing. She has always made time to meet with me in her office, and talk about everything from our favorite marketing books to nail polish. She is truly the reason why I am pursuing a career in corporate marketing.”

08

22

WAGE Roundtable
    HPU to Host Roundtable Discussion with Women Leaders
    Etgar Keret
    HPU to Host Israeli Author Keret
    High Point University Professor Lisa Carnell
    Professor Is Program Co-Chair for Upcoming Math Conference