Class of 2014 Profile: Tyler Steelman Pursues the Path to Public Service

Posted on May 2, 2014.

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2014:

Name: Tyler Steelman

Major: Steelman graduated with a B.A. in Political Science on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Steelman will be attending graduate school at Appalachian State University for his master’s degree in political science. His ultimate plan is to run for office someday.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point has prepared me for graduate school in so many ways. The experiential learning curriculum has given me confidence in my abilities and I know that I am ready for my next step. Also, my work as Student Government President has given me the opportunity to work on my communication and leadership skills to enforce the concepts I learned in the President’s Seminar my freshman year.”

Most impactful professor from HPU: “Perhaps the most influential person in my academic career at High Point is Dr. Alixandra Yanus. As my political science advisor, she has taken it upon herself to ensure that I am academically prepared for the graduate studies. Since my freshman year I have been able to count on her guidance, support, and encouragement both in my coursework and in life as well.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”