Class of 2014 Profile: Ashley Chisholm Designs A Colorful Career

Posted on June 24, 2014.

Name: Ashley Chisholm

Major: Chisholm graduated with a B.S. in Interior Design, with a concentration in Visual Merchandising, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: After a process of nine interviews with the company, Chisholm accepted a designer position at Restoration Hardware’s flagship gallery in Boston.

“I know I will grow as a designer while with Restoration Hardware. This is not just a job for me, it is a career. In my free time, I also repurpose furniture and do showings at flea markets! Chance, Confidence, Color – that is how I brand myself. ‘The key to living a colorful life is to take a chance, stand with confidence, and never say no to a pop of color!'”

How HPU helped you get there: “Furniture Market was something HPU introduced me to.  With the help of the Career and Internship services, I was able to find internships that were perfect for me!”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Mr. John Linn was not only an advisor to me; he was a role model, a professor and a friend. He always pushed me harder, listened to my ideas and help me grow into the designer I am today. Sometimes he was a little sassy to the class, but we all loved him for that! He knew how to push our buttons to make sure we would excel. I couldn’t have imagined the last four years without him. Thank you, Mr. Linn!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “HPU introduced me to an internship where I got to help with the merchandising and marketing for both Candice Olson and Barclay Butera.  Candice has been my idol since as long as I could remember!  So not only was it amazing to work for her team, it was a dream come true to meet her! Embarrassing moment… I cried when I met her!”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant