Class of 2014 Profile: Christian Viola Manages Territory for ADP

Posted on June 2, 2014.

Name: Christian Viola

Major: Viola graduated with a degree in Business Administration on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Viola accepted a position as an Associate District Manager at ADP, where he is responsible for selling ADP payroll services and HR solutions, developing relationships with accountants and banks, prospecting for new business and cross-selling to an existing base of clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “If I did not join the newly founded Selling Club on campus, I would not have gotten the position that I did. Because of this club, I was able to go to a competitive sales competition and network and sell myself to over 30 businesses. As a result I was able to land multiple interviews and job offers and was lucky enough to be able to pick and choose which company and which position I wanted.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “This would most definitely have to be Larry Quinn. Prof. Quinn was the most charismatic teacher I have ever had not only at HPU, but throughout my life. He taught me the most useful information and taught me practical skills that I will use throughout my career. I left his sales class with skills that I will use with my current position, future positions and with day to day interactions. Being in today’s workforce requires someone who is dynamic and can keep up with the ever-changing environment. It requires one to be competitive and to sell yourself. Prof. Quinn has only been at HPU for a year, but he truly displays what an HPU professor should strive to be like. He made sure that each and every one of his students understood the material – he even met with me on a Sunday evening at 8:30pm to help me with a final for a completely different class. He truly wants to see each and every student succeed, and he will help anyone if he can.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The last week of school really made me realize what I had at HPU. Going through the first few years, you really don’t appreciate what you have here. It all becomes ‘normal’ to us. The last week of school it hit me; I realized what I was leaving behind. It is like what Dr. Qubein says, if you put students in a place that nourishes success and around other successful people, they will become successful.”

Montlieu Academy of Technology kindergartner Hezekiah shows off the ornament he and his book buddy, High Point University student Campbell Stewart, created for the HPU School of Education Festival Tree.
HPU Book Buddies Celebrate the Holidays
Winter Band Concert
Ensembles to Perform Winter Band Concert
Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature