Class of 2014 Profile: Emily Brock Supports Clients at Vanguard

06.9.2014

Name: Emily Brock

Major: Brock graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with minors in Sales and Marketing on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Brock accepted a position as the Client Relationship Associate in the Business Development Group at Vanguard, the world’s largest mutual fund company, in Charlotte, N.C.

How HPU helped you get there: “Going to High Point University was one of the best decisions I ever made. Not only did I attend an extraordinary school that provided an inspiring environment, but the professors I worked with were all outstanding and really cared about my success. Everyone at this university cared about the decisions I made every step of the way. Also, there were many different clubs and organizations I was a part of that really helped me to grow as a person and help me to accomplish my goals.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I would say one professor who truly stood out for me was Professor Quinn, my sales professor my senior year. He was outstanding at not only teaching lessons to students and relating them to real-life scenarios, but he also created a very hands-on learning experience in the classroom. I even used some of the material he taught me in my job interviews.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “High Point University gave me the wonderful opportunity to study abroad at Oxford Brooke’s University in England. This experience was amazing and I would recommend it to any student. In my time spent in Europe I was exposed to so many different cultures and customs. I got to experience what university life was like outside HPU, while still having the comfort of an HPU professor being there.”

Sep
      20

13

WindSync
    HPU to Host Community Concert by WindSync Quintet
    Bob Rathbun
    Sportscaster Bob Rathbun to Visit HPU
    Broyhill at HPU 1
    Senator James Broyhill Shares Stories of Capitol Building