Class of 2014 Profile: Emma Silvershein Checks and Balances in NJ

Posted on June 3, 2014.

Name: Emma Silvershein

Major: Silvershein graduated with a B.S.B.A in Accounting on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Silvershein accepted an audit position at CohnReznick, a financial services company, in Roseland, N.J.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me realize that my dream was to work in the accounting field.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Although I was hesitant at first, I was pushed to see my full potential by Dr. Premalata Sundaram. She continued to push me as a freshman and sophomore until I finally changed my major junior year. Without her, I may not have realized my potential in the accounting field or achieved success so quickly.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was succeeding in my individual and corporate tax classes with Professor Scott Davis. I had minimal interest in tax and had heard a lot about how hard theses classes were. After trying my hardest, and endless nights in the accounting building, I did amazing in both of these classes and it really showed me my potential and how hard work pays off. It was then that I truly realized the importance of dedication and hard work, which will help me in my career.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”