Class of 2014 Profile: Emma Silvershein Checks and Balances in NJ

Posted on June 3, 2014.

Name: Emma Silvershein

Major: Silvershein graduated with a B.S.B.A in Accounting on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Silvershein accepted an audit position at CohnReznick, a financial services company, in Roseland, N.J.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me realize that my dream was to work in the accounting field.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Although I was hesitant at first, I was pushed to see my full potential by Dr. Premalata Sundaram. She continued to push me as a freshman and sophomore until I finally changed my major junior year. Without her, I may not have realized my potential in the accounting field or achieved success so quickly.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was succeeding in my individual and corporate tax classes with Professor Scott Davis. I had minimal interest in tax and had heard a lot about how hard theses classes were. After trying my hardest, and endless nights in the accounting building, I did amazing in both of these classes and it really showed me my potential and how hard work pays off. It was then that I truly realized the importance of dedication and hard work, which will help me in my career.”

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community