Class of 2014 Profile: Emma Silvershein Checks and Balances in NJ

Posted on June 3, 2014.

Name: Emma Silvershein

Major: Silvershein graduated with a B.S.B.A in Accounting on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Silvershein accepted an audit position at CohnReznick, a financial services company, in Roseland, N.J.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me realize that my dream was to work in the accounting field.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Although I was hesitant at first, I was pushed to see my full potential by Dr. Premalata Sundaram. She continued to push me as a freshman and sophomore until I finally changed my major junior year. Without her, I may not have realized my potential in the accounting field or achieved success so quickly.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was succeeding in my individual and corporate tax classes with Professor Scott Davis. I had minimal interest in tax and had heard a lot about how hard theses classes were. After trying my hardest, and endless nights in the accounting building, I did amazing in both of these classes and it really showed me my potential and how hard work pays off. It was then that I truly realized the importance of dedication and hard work, which will help me in my career.”

Clebe McClary
HPU to Host Vietnam War Hero
Rick Callicutt
Alumnus Rick Callicutt Leads Bank of NC
HPU theatre majors hold superhero capes they made for members of the High Point Fire Department to keep on hand and give to children in difficult times.
Theatre Majors Create Superhero Capes for HPFD and Local Children