Class of 2014 Profile: Holly Strom Manages Data for Travelers

Posted on June 27, 2014.

Name: Holly Strom

Major: Strom graduated with a B.A. in Human Relations, with a minor in Communication, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Strom accepted a position as a Data Management Analyst at Travelers Insurance in Hartford, Conn.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU offered me so many resources to help me advance not only my educational career, but my professional career as well. Everything from the class structure to the study abroad program to the career & internship services center has helped me to grow both professionally and personally and has brought me to where I am today.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “One of the most impactful professors I had throughout my time at HPU was Dr. David Bergen. Taking his introductory interpersonal relations course was what persuaded me to change my major to Human Relations during my sophomore year. During the year I spent abroad at Bond University in Gold Coast, Australia, Dr. Bergen was always available to help me with the logistics of studying abroad and provided academic support. During my senior year, he taught my senior seminar course. He helped me to write and rewrite my research paper, taught me how to present a professional presentation, and helped me to have confidence while presenting.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the most impactful moments of my education at HPU was my human relations research symposium presentation. Throughout the second semester of my senior year, I researched and wrote a paper on a human relations topic that I was (and still am) interested in. The course and my research culminated with a symposium presentation to an audience and evaluator. Seeing my feedback from my peers and my grade from my professor gave me the ability to speak at meetings and present my work confidently, which I now do every day at my job.”

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community