Class of 2014 Profile: John Morgan Focuses his Future on Law

Posted on June 11, 2014.

Name: John Morgan

Major: Morgan graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a minor in Economics, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Morgan accepted a position with Goodwin Procter LLP,  one of the nation’s leading law firms, in Boston. After the two year contract, he then plans attend law school and pursue his goal of being an attorney.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me get the job at Goodwin Procter by pushing me to my fullest potential. I was shown support through teachers, students and administrative staff throughout my four years. Without the positive feedback and efforts of HPU I would not have accomplished internships at Morgan Stanley, Ameriprise Financial and finally a full-time offer from Goodwin Procter LLP.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “The most impactful professor I had at HPU was Dr. Stephanie Crofton. Dr. Crofton was always pushing my school work to the next level and was there to show positive feedback. The class she taught that had the greatest impacted was Free Enterprise and Capitalism, as we studied the book ‘Atlas Shrugged’ and the possible problems of government intervention.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most memorable moment at HPU was taking on the responsibility of being president of my fraternity (Delta Sigma Phi). In my three years as a member of the organization I was a part of the executive council each year (Secretary, President and Treasurer). The tasks and circumstances I faced as president helped mature me and understand what was needed from a college grad to succeed in the real world.”

22

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”