Class of 2014 Profile: Kristen Arnold Teaches Future Leaders

Posted on June 17, 2014.

Name: Kristen Arnold

Major: Arnold graduated with a B.A. in Elementary Education on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Arnold accepted a position teaching kindergarten at Phoenix Academy charter school in High Point.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the guidance, experience and more importantly the wonderful education. HPU allowed me to go into different elementary schools and truly have a hands-on experience working with students, and being able to use what I have learned with lesson planning to real-life students.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “One of the most impactful professors for me was Dr. Cavendish. Dr. Cavendish was my advisor and when I transferred to High Point University, she was always making sure that I was on track and made sure that I was in the right classes. If I needed any help, I was able to get to her and she always knew how to make things better. I am still in contact with Dr. Cavendish, especially with ideas for my new classroom and first year teaching.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment that I experienced at HPU, besides the kind people was graduation day. I have never felt more proud or accomplished than I did crossing the stage and having my family and friends join in my accomplishments.”

HPU theatre majors hold superhero capes they made for members of the High Point Fire Department to keep on hand and give to children in difficult times.
Theatre Majors Create Superhero Capes for HPFD and Local Children
McCall Letterle
Alumna to be Featured on ‘Say Yes to the Dress’
Thomas Wolfe
HPU Adds New Historical Sculpture to Campus