Class of 2014 Profile: Kristen Arnold Teaches Future Leaders

06.17.2014

Name: Kristen Arnold

Major: Arnold graduated with a B.A. in Elementary Education on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Arnold accepted a position teaching kindergarten at Phoenix Academy charter school in High Point.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the guidance, experience and more importantly the wonderful education. HPU allowed me to go into different elementary schools and truly have a hands-on experience working with students, and being able to use what I have learned with lesson planning to real-life students.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “One of the most impactful professors for me was Dr. Cavendish. Dr. Cavendish was my advisor and when I transferred to High Point University, she was always making sure that I was on track and made sure that I was in the right classes. If I needed any help, I was able to get to her and she always knew how to make things better. I am still in contact with Dr. Cavendish, especially with ideas for my new classroom and first year teaching.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment that I experienced at HPU, besides the kind people was graduation day. I have never felt more proud or accomplished than I did crossing the stage and having my family and friends join in my accomplishments.”

Sep
      20

13

StephenLillie_BJs
    A Package Deal: HPU Senior Gets Corporate Career Experience at BJ’s Wholesale
    Candice Burrows
    Faculty Voice Recital To Be Held At HPU
    John Marsicano
    Communication Major Gains PR Experience in NYC