Class of 2014 Profile: Kyle Grusholt Heads to Law School at Chapel Hill

06.4.2014

Name: Kyle Grusholt

Major: Grusholt graduated with a B.A. in both Political Science and Philosophy on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Grusholt will be attending law school at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, beginning this fall.

How HPU helped you get there: “For me, High Point University was more than just developing skills that helped me succeed in the classroom. I was able to gain the leadership and communications skills to help me in any situation that could arise in the real world, in part due to outstanding faculty and peers. They provided me with the support and encouragement to seek topics that intrigued me intellectually, and follow those interests no matter how difficult the road ahead may seem. I could never begin to explain how much High Point has helped me grow as an individual, but the confidence that I gained through my time there is the most invaluable gift I could ever receive. High Point not only prepared me to further my education, but it gave me the necessary tools to do so. Finally, the atmosphere that the campus instills in every student is something that cannot be taught. The values, lessons and lifelong friendships that I have made will stay with me always.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Though it is impossible to name every professor that has played a defining role along my journey at High Point, as every professor has played a special part, there is one professor who constantly challenged me to do better work and be a more conscious student. I will forever be indebted to Dr. Amy MacArthur for always asking the questions that no one else ever thinks to ask. She taught me to think critically and never avoid the difficult questions for fear of not finding a quick solution. Without the lessons she provided over my four years here, I would not have been able to perform so successfully on the Law School Admission Test and be admitted to The University of North Carolina. I must also thank Dr. Martin Kifer and Dr. Sadie Leder Elder for their support at the Survey Research Center. These professors care so deeply for their students, and the joy on their faces to watch our dreams come true makes me know the sincerity in their hearts. I will always remember what you have instilled in me.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “From the moment I walked onto campus as a freshman, the warm welcome that I received made me know I was home. Even though I will no longer be walking across the beautiful campus that I’ve be lucky enough to call home the past four years of my life, I know that it will always hold a special place in my heart. It is so extremely difficult for me to choose just one moment as the most impactful for me, as each memory is unique and important in its own way. To my fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi, you have taught me more than I could have imagined about friendship, brotherhood and leadership. To the friends I have been lucky enough to know, you are amazing people and will most certainly make the world a better place. Finally to High Point, you continue to amaze the students that call you home. No one but a High Point University student could understand what it means to go here. Keep changing the world for the better, and thank you for every moment I was able to spend here.”

Sep
      20

13

Chanler Brock
    Communication Major Assists Nonprofits Through Internship
    Roberts Hall
    Belk and LabCorp CEOs Join HPU’s Board of Advisors
    HPU Montlieu Welcome Back 1
    Pep Band, Cheerleaders and Prowler Welcome Montlieu Academy Students