Class of 2014 Profile: Libby Bean Grows Client Relationships at Gartner

06.18.2014

Name: Elizabeth “Libby” Bean

Major: Bean graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a minor in Psychology, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Bean accepted a position as an Account Manager with Gartner, Inc. in Fort Myers, Fl. There, she will be responsible for client retention and growth, as well as working closely with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner’s products and services.

How HPU helped you get there: “One of the best choices I made in my academic career at High Point was joining the HPU Selling club. I came into my senior year unsure of what I wanted to do after graduation, and the Selling club gave me an outlet to enhance my professional skills and network with other students and organizations in the sales field. I was able to attend and compete in two Sales Competitions during the 2014 academic year, placing within the top 20% of 150 international student competitors in the National Collegiate Sales Competition held at Kennesaw State University in March. As a result of my success within the club, I received many job interviews and offers from companies all over the United States, and I was able to choose the position and company that was the best fit for me and for my future goals.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Without a doubt, my most impactful professor at HPU was Larry Quinn. I’ve never met another teacher that is more excited to teach his students about what the professional world has to offer them, and how to navigate it with confidence and ease. He brings fantastic and infectious energy to the classroom, whether it be going over textbook material or helping students through the nerve-wracking task of perfecting and completing their first elevator pitch. As the fearless leader of the Selling club, he was instrumental in getting the organization up and running, and encouraged all of his students to join so that they can better their personal selling skills. Most importantly, he’s an incredible mentor to his students. He genuinely cares about each and every one of them and is committed to helping them succeed. He would set aside time to meet with me every week to prepare my pitch for sales competitions, and not only would he provide constructive feedback after each meeting, he would also actively think of ways to try and catch me off guard so that I would be prepared to handle anything in high pressure situations. I wholeheartedly recommend his classes to any High Point student. He was one professor who truly helped me realize I have the confidence I need to pursue my goals.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the best and most bittersweet moments for me at High Point University was the HPU Club swim team banquet this spring. I, along with the other graduating seniors, was able to say my goodbyes to the team and say what it had meant to me during my time there. The swim team came to be my family at High Point, and I loved having the opportunity to tell them that. Both inside of the pool and out, all of my teammates have cheered me on and have inspired me to be the best person I could be, even when I thought I could never get there.”

Sep
      20

13

Cara Kramer and Madison Jordan
    Student Learns the Ropes at Broadway Production Office
    Maggie Shaffer
    Freshman Profile: An Outstanding Orator
    Piedmont Paint-Out
    HPU to Participate in ‘Piedmont Plein Air Paint Out’