Class of 2014 Profile: Melissa Beck Uses Her Talents at Disney World

06.23.2014

Name: Melissa Beck

Major: Beck graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Entrepreneurship, with a minor in Sport Management, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Beck accepted a position in Food and Beverage with Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fl.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU taught me to take the risk and aim your goals high… Hence why I am at WDW! I never thought that after graduation I would land a job with a big-name company, but through my learnings at HPU I knew that if I set my mind to it, I could go and work for a company like Disney and do whatever I wanted. So now I am pursuing my passion for both business and food and beverage at the happiest place on earth!”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “My most impactful professor would have to be Professor Flanders-Stec. With out her help and guidance through all of my entrepreneurship courses, I wouldn’t be chasing the dream that I have in my mind: opening my own business! She taught me to take risks and not be afraid to fail, and to also be passionate about what you are doing. I have taken what she has given me and ran with it. I now have the courage and confidence in myself to take my passion (which is food and beverage) and run with it and see where it leads me! ”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Before I started college, I found out that I got in to HPU and that my twin sister Meredith was coming with me. It was one crazy journey with so many laughs, tears, good and bad times, but she went through the craziest four years with me and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! She picked me up when I would fall down, was my rock when I needed it and kept pushing me to pursue my dreams and reach for the stars. She really helped me see what it meant to be extraordinary and to help me stand out from the crowd (and to also be able to tell us apart!) Dr. Qubein always said ‘who you surround yourself with is who you become,’ and having my sister with me has helped me become who I am today. Without her I don’t know where I would be.”

Sep
      20

13

TaraShea Nesbit
    HPU Welcomes Author TaraShea Nesbit With Grant Series
    Alixandra Yanus
    Professor to Give Talk on Gender and Political Campaigns
    Jason Allen
    Cardiovascular Health Expert to Speak at HPU