Class of 2014 Profile: Paige Sigmon Promotes Public Policy

Posted on June 12, 2014.

Name: Paige Sigmon (pictured above on right with Dr. Stephanie Crofton, Associate Professor of Economics)

Major: Sigmon graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with minors in Finance and Economics.

Post-graduation plans: Sigmon accepted a position as a Budget Analyst for the Mercatus Center, an economic research center that distributes research and literature to educate the public on public policy reform, at George Mason University in Arlington, Va. Sigmon found the opportunity at Mercatus via her acceptance into the Charles Koch Associate Program, a year-long program that connects associates with full-time positions at partner organizations in the D.C. area, while also providing weekly professional education through training and workshops.

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Stephanie Crofton, my economics professor, helped me find my love for economics. Part of her curriculum was to read the book ‘Atlas Shrugged,’ which is over 1,100 pages. I fell in love with economics and public policy after this book and would have never read it if it was not for her. It was also Dr. Crofton who had the Charles Koch Institute come to HPU to speak to our class, which is how I first found out about the Charles Koch Institute.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “When I graduated I had a graduation party for friends, family and professors. When I was doing the guest list I realized that I was writing down professors names in the friends section. I had more professors on my invitation list than I did family members… that is how close I became with so many influential professors that I crossed paths with over the three and a half years. I realized how the friends I made and the professors I looked to as mentors and friends made HPU feel more like home than my own home in Leesburg, Va. That was the moment I realized how unique and extraordinary the education was that I received at HPU, and how overjoyed I am that I chose HPU.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant