Class of 2014 Profile: Samuel Mickey Pursues MBA

06.13.2014

Name: Samuel Mickey

Major: Mickey graduated with two degrees in International Business and Spanish on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Mickey will be attending the D’amore-Mckim School of Business at Northeastern University in Boston for his master’s in Business Administration, with a concentration in finance and a sub-track in investments. He also received the M.B.A. Achiever’s Scholarship

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University provided me with time management and organizational skills that have allowed me to remain consistently focused on my goals. My experiences at High Point University have taught me to maintain the confidence that is necessary to communicate effectively with important executives.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “The professor that had the largest impact on my life was Dr. Adam Winkel of the Modern Foreign Languages Department. Dr. Winkel demonstrated an unrivaled passion for his field and for the development of his students.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most influential moment at High Point University, for me, was hearing General Colin Powell’s speech on graduation day. On that day I was able to put my whole educational experience into perspective and truly understand that which I had accomplished. I was expecting to be sad about leaving High Point, yet instead I became excited to begin the next chapter of my story.”

08

22

Psychology, HPU, Relationship Research, Sadie Leder
    Professor Authors Chapter in New Book for Aspiring Psychology Professors
    Sharon Love
    HPU to Host Mother of Slain UVA Student for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
    Junior Michelle Palombi informs buyers about products at Designmaster Furniture during the fall High Point Market.
    Industry Exposé: Students Work at High Point Market