ESPN Hires Senior as Summer Intern

06.30.2014

HIGH POINT, N.C., June 30, 2014 – Video edited by High Point University senior Melia Sigmon is popping up on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” this summer. The Denver, N.C., native is spending her summer interning with ESPN’s content edit group in Bristol, Conn.

Through the internship, Sigmon edits and processes videos for ESPN, and some of her work has already appeared on national programs.

“I’m building my demo reel and have several mentors dedicated to preparing me to work for a 24-hour network,” says Sigmon, a communication major. “It’s definitely a fast-paced internship that requires a lot of attention to detail.”

Sigmon says she’s grateful for the support she receives from faculty, staff and students at HPU.

“Charisse McGhee-Lazarou, director of the Media Fellows Program, and the staff in Career and Internship Services cheered me through the entire process and gave me helpful tips for the interviews,” says Sigmon. “In addition, a lot of my classmates helped me catch up on the world of sports.”

Sep
      20

13

Elizabeth Reardon
    Biology Major Earns Position Studying Emerald Ash Borer
    Jonathan Paez
    Freshman Profile: Athletic Excellence
    Chanler Brock
    Communication Major Assists Nonprofits Through Internship