Wuorio Joins Staff for Student Philanthropy

Posted on:
Erica Wuorio

HIGH POINT, N.C., June 27, 2014 – High Point University’s department for Institutional Advancement recently hired Erica Wuorio as an assistant director of student philanthropy.

Responsibilities in her new job include overseeing HPU’s student philanthropy support, including the SeniorClass Gift.

Wuorio has previous experience in fundraising, having worked as philanthropy chair for Alpha Xi Delta sorority at the University of New Hampshire. Her passion for philanthropy will be translated into her work at HPU.

“I will work with students on a daily basis, creating a dialogue about the opportunities that will impact their time here and make a difference at HPU,” says Wuorio.

Wuorio is looking forward to beginning her new career at HPU.

“The moment I arrived on HPU’s beautiful campus, I received a stellar welcome from every person I came into contact with. High Point University is such an energetic and fast-paced community, and I am thrilled to be a part of it,” Wuorio says.

Wuorio received her Bachelor of Arts in communication from the University of New Hampshire.