Biology Major Gains Research Experience at Internship

Posted on July 11, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 11, 2014 – Ivy Cocklereece, a biology major at High Point University and Winston-Salem native, is interning with Ocular Systems Inc.

The company’s goal is to provide physicians with innovative surgical solutions to help patients improve their vision. As an intern, Cocklereece works on a team researching regenerative medicine and processes eye tissue for delivery to surgeons.

“I am looking to pursue a career in research,” says Cocklereece. “Through this internship, I am getting a true introduction to that type of work and gaining valuable experience. I also get two experiences in one – research and pharmaceutical production/tissue preparation.”

Cocklereece says she’s grateful for the preparation and support she received from the faculty at HPU.

“I have really used what I learned in chemistry classes in the research aspect of my internship,” says Cocklereece. “A lot of the work I do involves weighing and understanding various chemical principals.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant