Biology Major Gains Research Experience at Internship

Posted on July 11, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 11, 2014 – Ivy Cocklereece, a biology major at High Point University and Winston-Salem native, is interning with Ocular Systems Inc.

The company’s goal is to provide physicians with innovative surgical solutions to help patients improve their vision. As an intern, Cocklereece works on a team researching regenerative medicine and processes eye tissue for delivery to surgeons.

“I am looking to pursue a career in research,” says Cocklereece. “Through this internship, I am getting a true introduction to that type of work and gaining valuable experience. I also get two experiences in one – research and pharmaceutical production/tissue preparation.”

Cocklereece says she’s grateful for the preparation and support she received from the faculty at HPU.

“I have really used what I learned in chemistry classes in the research aspect of my internship,” says Cocklereece. “A lot of the work I do involves weighing and understanding various chemical principals.”

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community