Class of 2014 Profile: Adam Mannino Prospers in Insurance

07.16.2014

Name: Adam Mannino

Major: Mannino graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Mannino accepted a position as a Property & Casualty Underwriting Professional Associate at Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Allianz. In his role, Mannino determines whether or not an individual or business are a risk for our company to insure them. He particularly works in the “Programs” department of Commercial Property Insurance.

How HPU helped you get there: “I found the Business School to be incredibly helpful when it came to preparing me for certain aspects of this job, such as the ability to analyze data as well as how to act and speak in a professional setting. I feel that challenging courses like Financial Management have greatly improved my work ethic and my motivation to get things done. Other seminars such as Nido’s Senior President’s Seminar really gave me a great insight to what I would be expecting in an office setting.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “The most impactful professor for me throughout my 4 years at HPU is definitely Dr. David Little. As both my advisor and my professor, Dr. Little taught me that nothing comes easy in this world, including grades. His courses and tests were very challenging on an intellectual level, but if you put the time and effort into the class, you would do well. This really showed me that you cant just ease by with the bare minimum in this world. These days, the standards have risen. Hardwork and drive to complete your work on an above-average level is now the status quo and I feel that Dr. Little really made that a realization for me. ”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was joining a fraternity. I am a part of Lambda Chi Alpha at HPU and this definitely was one of the best, most beneficial choices that I made while at school. The values that I was taught as a part of LXA will reside with me for life, whether it be in the professional world or in a social sense. We as a chapter overcame many hardships during my years at HPU but we all stuck together as a group and really proved our strength as a brotherhood.”

Sep
      20

13

Broyhill at HPU 1
    Senator James Broyhill Shares Stories of Capitol Building
    Marvin Blickenstaff
    HPU to Host Recital, Workshops by Pianist Marvin Blickenstaff
    Tory Crossen Teens for Jeans
    Freshman Finds Match for Her Caring Spirit at HPU