Class of 2014 Profile: Austin Golya Recruited by 76ers

07.3.2014

Name: Austin Golya

Major: Golya graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minor in Marketing, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Golya accepted a position as a Sales Associate for the Philadelphia 76ers. He also completed internships at both Cal Ripkin Baseball and the Greensboro Grasshoppers during his undergraduate career.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped with providing the proper tools I needed for my academic success. Through using the most updated technology, innovative learning strategies and being in such a professional environment, I was able to surround myself with everything I needed for my personal success during my career at High Point and post-grad.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Lukow was one of the most instrumental people to my success. I first had Dr. Lukow for class my senior year in the first semester for Intro to Sport Management and Facility Management. Dr. Lukow was extremely helpful not only in the class but outside of the class. I would go to Dr. Lukow for career advice and she was always there to talk, providing great answers to my numerous questions and just being there to listen. Professors like Dr. Lukow truly make High Point University extraordinary.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the most impactful moments at High Point University for me was being able to meet Bridget Holcombe in Career & Internship Services. Mrs. Holcombe helped me to build a solid resume which landed me my first internship in the sport industry, Cal Ripken Baseball. Mrs. Holcombe was always there for career advice, and by utilizing the office of Career Development I was able to get into the position I am now in today. Having great friends outside of the classroom also helped enhance my experience at High Point. Dr. Qubein’s quote ‘Who you surround yourself with is who you become’ definitely holds true to me.”

Sep
      20

13

Lauryn Polo
    Class of 2014 Profile: Lauryn Polo Pursues M.A. in Writing
    SOE Reading Institute 1
    Students Wrap Up Reading Institute with Books and Skills for the Future
    Nicholas Bamatter
    Class of 2014 Profile: Nick Bamatter Commences Business Career