Class of 2014 Profile: Ben Gjebre Optimizes Client ROI

Posted on July 10, 2014.

Name: Benjamin Gjebre

Major: Gjebre graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a minor in Sales, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Gjebre accepted a position as an Account Manager at CDW, a leading Fortune 500 technology provider for businesses and individuals in the U.S. and Canada, in Chandler, Ariz. As Account Manager, Gjebre works to help small businesses find solutions to their needs and create the highest possible ROI for their investment. Within his first week at CDW, he was voted MVP by his peers for his hard work and dedication to their Sales Academy Program.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get there by putting me in an environment that was shaped like corporate America. I also used Career Services several times to register for internships, and to get help with my resume and LinkedIn profile. Career Services suggested using glassdoor.com, which is where I found my job.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I had great relationships with a lot of my professors at HPU, but the one who motivated me the most was Professor Quinn who taught my sales class. He honestly made me believe I could do anything I wanted. That’s what professors should do: motivate. Every student in that class loved his lectures and the real-world experience he brought to the classroom. He also gave me some advice that impressed my hiring manager and recruiter from CDW since they had never seen it before, but you will have to take his class to get the advice!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I can’t think of one single impactful moment because I took my teachers and education seriously, but rather all of the advice, office hours and out-of-class work created an impactful and applicable experience that I could use in the real world.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”