Class of 2014 Profile: Ben Satterthwaite Analyzes Digital Media

Posted on July 18, 2014.

Name: Ben Satterthwaite

Major: Satterthwaite graduated with a B.S. in International Business, with a minor in Spanish, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Satterthwaite accepted a position as a Digital Media Analyst for the W2O Group in Austin, Texas. In his role, Satterthwaite primarily studies doctors’ feedback on client pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. “To give an example, say our client just launched a new arthritis pill. My team would follow the ‘traffic’ on the product launch (monitor the press, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, medical journals, etc.) and get a snapshot for our client as to who is using the product, whether or not there are any side effects they don’t know about that people have talked about, etc. By looking at all of this, we are able to provide our clients with an idea of what the consensus is on this topic of debate.”

How HPU helped you get there: “What stays with me to this day is what I learned at HPU from a holistic perspective. I was a member and leader in my fraternity Lambda Chi Alpha, which taught me values that I maintain to this day. Being a student ambassador taught me how to be professional and be able to interact with strangers so they felt like the welcomed guests they are. There were many struggles as well that helped me get to where I am now as well. The classes were amazing as well and I was fortunate enough to have some terrific mentors. I can honestly say I never had a bad professor. I enjoyed every one of my teachers, every single one of them. They are without a doubt High Point University’s greatest  asset.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Hayden Carron was my favorite professor at HPU. I have him to thank for my continued interest in Spanish. He is also the person who made it possible for me to study abroad in Havana, Cuba for 5 months last year. I’ll be forever indebted to him for making this work. Furthermore, he was the perfect professor. He challenged me in the classroom, but always rewarded hard work. Even though his expectations in class were clear and I was often challenged by him, he was still very approachable. I came to HPU so that I could be mentored by some of the brightest minds this country has to offer, and I got everything I was looking for with Dr. Carron.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Joining a fraternity and getting a bid had to be the best day of my life. I learned how to take charge and get others to follow and manage people from many different backgrounds and niches.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant