Class of 2014 Profile: Caitlin Hines Pursues MBA

07.4.2014

Name: Caitlin Hines

Major: Hines graduated with a B.S. in Psychology, with minors in English Writing and Graphic Design, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Hines will be attending graduate school at Virginia Commonwealth University’s Brandcenter for her M.B.A. in the Communications Strategy tract in Richmond, Va.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get here by having amazing faculty and staff that motivated me to succeed. Not only where professors always helpful and pleasant, but nearly any member of the HPU family was courteous, joyful and an amazing role model. Many of the trolley drivers, such as Lawrence and Joe, greeted me and other students with bright smiles and kind words, reminding us that happiness and success are achievable, if one just works hard and believes.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I had several amazing professors at HPU in a variety of fields. Dr. Hundt, who was my advisor in the psychology department, made sure that I was always on the right track for success. He gave me wise advice and made sure that I had a few good laughs between my classes. Dr. Schweitzer, of the English department, was the faculty in residence during my semester abroad in Oxford, England. She was always willing to help the students with traveling issues, cultural road bumps and, of course, academia. She made sure everyone was prepared and safe, even taking some students to the doctors or grocery store when sick. Professor Dougherty, of the graphic design department, taught students how to create art traditionally and to listen to their own ideas. She gave pointers on design, but ultimately allowed students to create for themselves and experiment with design. She believed in art expressing an idea and person, not mimicking another. These are just three of my professors at HPU, and I could go on about all of them, with many more compliments and praise for each. HPU has an abundance of amazing people who believe in their goal and truly wish others to succeed. I will miss nothing more than the faculty and staff of HPU as I continue on in my future endeavors.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment for me at HPU was not a singular moment, but the collection of moments spent surrounded by caring individuals, whether they were students, teachers, trolley drivers or even visitors of the campus. Nothing allows one to succeed more than when surrounded by others who honestly believe they can succeed.”

Sep
      20

13

Elizabeth Reardon
    Biology Major Earns Position Studying Emerald Ash Borer
    Jonathan Paez
    Freshman Profile: Athletic Excellence
    Chanler Brock
    Communication Major Assists Nonprofits Through Internship