Class of 2014 Profile: Kristin Summers Joins Procter & Gamble in NYC

Posted on July 23, 2014.

Name: Kristin Summers

Major: Summers graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Summers accepted a position as a junior digital associate for Procter & Gamble at MediaVest, one of the top leading advertisers in the world, located in New York City. MediaVest has been recognized by several awards at the Festival of Media, Global 2012 and 2013; the 2012 and 2013 OMMA Awards; and the International Awards for Innovation in Media.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University’s Career and Internship Services helped me shape my resume and gave me the necessary knowledge in order to achieve my career goals.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Dean Smith, my communication law professor, was extremely impactful. Everyone who takes communication law knows about the horror stories and complaints that previous students express, so taking the course wasn’t something I was looking forward to. Our first email from Dr. Smith was titled ‘Welcome to the hardest class you will love to hate.’ I learned to both love and hate the course as it was by far the most challenging. Smith made the class interesting, pushed us all to try our best and truly cared about our success in the class.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Every moment at High Point has been impactful and contributed to my own personal growth, but walking across the stage at graduation was one the best moments. I was sad to leave but eager to start my career.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Montlieu Academy of Technology kindergartner Hezekiah shows off the ornament he and his book buddy, High Point University student Campbell Stewart, created for the HPU School of Education Festival Tree.
HPU Book Buddies Celebrate the Holidays
Winter Band Concert
Ensembles to Perform Winter Band Concert
Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature