Class of 2014 Profile: Kristin Summers Joins Procter & Gamble in NYC

07.23.2014

Name: Kristin Summers

Major: Summers graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Summers accepted a position as a junior digital associate for Procter & Gamble at MediaVest, one of the top leading advertisers in the world, located in New York City. MediaVest has been recognized by several awards at the Festival of Media, Global 2012 and 2013; the 2012 and 2013 OMMA Awards; and the International Awards for Innovation in Media.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University’s Career and Internship Services helped me shape my resume and gave me the necessary knowledge in order to achieve my career goals.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Dean Smith, my communication law professor, was extremely impactful. Everyone who takes communication law knows about the horror stories and complaints that previous students express, so taking the course wasn’t something I was looking forward to. Our first email from Dr. Smith was titled ‘Welcome to the hardest class you will love to hate.’ I learned to both love and hate the course as it was by far the most challenging. Smith made the class interesting, pushed us all to try our best and truly cared about our success in the class.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Every moment at High Point has been impactful and contributed to my own personal growth, but walking across the stage at graduation was one the best moments. I was sad to leave but eager to start my career.”

08

22

HPU Poll Logo_vertical
    HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race
    Lindsay Christel
    October’s Extraordinary Leader Makes Her Mark on Campus
    HPU Poll Logo_vertical
    HPU Poll: NC Voters Following News About Ebola More Closely Now Than a Month Ago