Class of 2014 Profile: Nick Bamatter Commences Business Career

07.28.2014

Name: Nick Bamatter

Major: Bamatter graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Bamatter accepted a position as a Research Analyst in the Private Equity Division at McGladrey, an assurance, tax and consulting firm in New York City.

How HPU helped you get there: “One of the most beneficial ways High Point University helped prepare me for job searching was the several mock interviews that I was able to do. Whether the mock interviews were set up as part of a class or a teacher was willing to spend extra time preparing for interviews with me, it was incredibly helpful.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Of the many impactful teachers I had at HPU, two of them really stand out. First was Dr. Lukow, a professor of sports management. I was able to take several classes with her, where she would constantly challenge all of her students. She engaged her students by encouraging them to dig past surface level arguments and question conventional thinking. The second instructor who had a great impact on my education was Dr. Wehrley. I took a Personal Finance course with Dr. Wehrley my last semester of college. Not only did this turn out to be my favorite college course, but I also learned valuable lessons that would impact my life after college. Dr. Wehrley’s enthusiastic energy in the classroom is something that everyone, including myself, enjoyed and benefited from.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most memorable and impactful moment at HPU was when I was initiated into my fraternity. Kappa Sigma played a large part in my academic and personal growth in college. It offered me opportunities to excel in leadership roles and the ability to work on a common goal with my friends in improving each other and the fraternity.

08

22

WAGE Roundtable
    HPU to Host Roundtable Discussion with Women Leaders
    Etgar Keret
    HPU to Host Israeli Author Keret
    High Point University Professor Lisa Carnell
    Professor Is Program Co-Chair for Upcoming Math Conference