Class of 2014 Profile: Tyler Clay Called to Tanger

07.11.2014

Name: Tyler Clay

Major: Clay graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a minor in Marketing.

Post-graduation plans: Clay accepted a position as an Operations Associate with the Tanger Outlets headquarters in Greensboro, N.C.

How HPU helped you get there: “There is much more to a university than academics. I believe that HPU does have great academics, but I think where HPU really shines is it’s ability to teach you life skills that are applicable after graduation. HPU strives to teach you how to be an effective communicator as well as how to network. These skills, among many others, are crucial in your post-graduation endeavors. I strongly believe that HPU and the Career Services department, specifically Bridget Holcombe, prepared me as well as possible for my post-undergraduate career. They helped me land my summer internship with Tanger which later turned into a full time position.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I believe that Dr. Rodriguez is one of the most impactful professors at HPU. Although I never had him for a class, he was my adviser and showed a genuine interest in my success at HPU. I was a transfer student, and I believe I drove him crazy with meetings to make sure I had all the required classes needed to graduate. He was always willing to meet with me and work with me to make sure I got the classes I needed.”

08

22

HPU students Taylor Agapite and Jessie Hull hand out candy to trick-or-treaters from the Boys and Girls Club of Greater High Point.
HPU Students Host Trick-or-Treating Event for Local Children
Chander Whicker WBTV
Senior Interns With WBTV 3 News
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race