Freshman Success Program Hires Houston

Posted on:
Emily Houston

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 22, 2014 – High Point University recently hired Emily Houston as a success coach in the Freshman Success Program.

Houston will work with students who are determining their major as they transition from high school to college, and ensure that students succeed in their academic, social and personal lives at HPU.

“By working with undeclared first-year students, I will encourage and inspire them to discover their unique strengths and purpose at HPU and beyond,” Houston says.

Houston worked previously in higher education at Northeast State Community College, as well as working as a graduate assistant at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is excited to begin her new career at High Point University.

“I couldn’t be happier to be a part of the HPU family,” says Houston. “I look forward to having an impact on students’ college success, and I’m excited to be a part of such a growing university.”

Houston received her Bachelor of Arts in psychology from East Tennessee State University. She also received a Master of Education in student personnel administration in higher education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.