Political Science Major Interns for Rep. Howard Coble

07.15.2014

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 15, 2014 – Anne Davey, a rising junior at High Point University and native of Southold, N.Y., is diving into the political scene through a summer internship with U.S. Rep. Howard Coble’s office.

Davey, a political science major, is focusing on constituent services through her internship in the Greensboro office and is the first contact for many constituents who reach out to the congressman with various issues.

“No matter where I go after this, I know I’ll proudly be able to say that my training, experience and work for Congressman Coble better prepared me to serve the people of this country,” says Davey.

She credits her experiences at HPU for preparing her to succeed on a national scale.

“My education thus far in HPU’s political science department has prepared me by providing all of the background and government working knowledge I need to be successful in this position,” says Davey. “The recent Maymester course I took this summer also allowed me to experience life in D.C. and gave me the opportunity to meet and interact with representatives like our congressmen and senators.”

08

22

HPU students Taylor Agapite and Jessie Hull hand out candy to trick-or-treaters from the Boys and Girls Club of Greater High Point.
HPU Students Host Trick-or-Treating Event for Local Children
Chander Whicker WBTV
Senior Interns With WBTV 3 News
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race