Political Science Major Interns for Rep. Howard Coble

Posted on July 15, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 15, 2014 – Anne Davey, a rising junior at High Point University and native of Southold, N.Y., is diving into the political scene through a summer internship with U.S. Rep. Howard Coble’s office.

Davey, a political science major, is focusing on constituent services through her internship in the Greensboro office and is the first contact for many constituents who reach out to the congressman with various issues.

“No matter where I go after this, I know I’ll proudly be able to say that my training, experience and work for Congressman Coble better prepared me to serve the people of this country,” says Davey.

She credits her experiences at HPU for preparing her to succeed on a national scale.

“My education thus far in HPU’s political science department has prepared me by providing all of the background and government working knowledge I need to be successful in this position,” says Davey. “The recent Maymester course I took this summer also allowed me to experience life in D.C. and gave me the opportunity to meet and interact with representatives like our congressmen and senators.”

22

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline

HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”
HPU Holiday Choral Concert
Choirs to Perform Popular Holiday Concert