Student Interns with NFL Team

Kara Bonini

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 8, 2014 – Kara Bonini, rising High Point University senior and native of Fairfax, Va., tackles her dream of becoming an event planner this summer. She is interning with the Washington Redskin’s Special Events Department.

Bonini is making her mark by redesigning the look of VIP tents for Training Camp, and ensuring each tent has everything the clients want. She also assists with scheduling and managing stadium tours and works with the Business Development Department to research and streamline potential business opportunities.

“This opportunity has confirmed that special events is not only a job but also a passion,” says Bonini. “Interaction with colleagues who I can share concepts with and learn new ways to organize, produce and design special events is especially vital in preparing me for my career.”

Bonini says her time at HPU prepared her to walk into the interview with confidence.

“Every class offers something extraordinary that I was not only able to apply to the interview process, but also in the workplace,” says Bonini. “HPU encourages students to take every opportunity that comes their way.”