Athletic Training Major Spends Summer on Saints’ Sideline

Posted on August 7, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 7, 2014 – High Point University athletic training major Nick Stigler is living a dream come true working with some of his favorite NFL players during his internship with the New Orleans Saints.

The sophomore from Kernersville is on the sidelines at the Saints’ training camp at the Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. Stigler performs rehab treatments, transports players to doctor’s appointments, tapes ankles and completes other duties in the training room and at practice. He will also assist during preseason games.

Along with the excellent hands-on experience, Stigler works alongside some big names in the NFL.

“I am assigned to the tight end group for training camp, which means I am the athletic trainer with all the tight ends at every practice for the rest of the summer,” he says. “I am spending a lot of time with Jimmy Graham, who is my favorite player, and getting to know a lot of other players as well.”

Stigler hopes to work with the team again next summer and get a job with the organization after graduation. He credits the athletic training program at HPU for preparing him for this special opportunity.

“This internship will provide me with a large amount of skills to help me in my studies and in the development of my career,” Stigler says. “Jolene Henning, Matt Schooler and the athletic training staff at HPU helped educate me and teach me needed skills to be able to perform at this level of athletic training.”

Empathy Dinner 1
Fraternity Hosts Empathy Dinner
Mariyah Sultan
HPU Sechrest Gallery to Feature Mariyah Sultan
christmas gift
An Unscripted Gift: By Dr. Joseph Blosser