Class of 2014 Profile: Ed Harlin Captures Home Runs for Atlanta Braves

08.19.2014

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2014:

Name: Ed Harlin

Major: Harlin graduated with a B.A. in Communications, with a concentration in Electronic Media, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Harlin accepted a position with the Atlanta Braves as a camera operator above third base. In addition to his work with the Braves, Harlin plans to work in the Atlanta area as a freelance SteadiCam operator for commercials and movies, while working for a well-known sports organization/network as a camera operator.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point gave me the confidence and experience I needed with many top-quality cameras and tripods, so I was able to move up to camera operator without any worries about my performance.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I can’t name just one professor at HPU that helped me get to where I am today because that would be unfair to the others who all had such an impact on my growth as a media professional. I’d like to especially thank Professors Goodman, Trammell, Powell, Lambert, Bell, and of course Martin Yount for all they did for me in my four years at HPU.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment for me at HPU was my time working with Mr. Goodman and the senior production classes as a Director of Photography/Steadicam operator. It gave me on-set experience with equipment that is used in the professional world today. For example, when I got to the Atlanta Braves, I noticed they use the exact same lighting kits we have access to at school. Being able to use and operate professional-level equipment has given me the confidence to be able to step up and say ‘yes I can do that’ because it’s something I’ve already done.”

08

22

HPU students Taylor Agapite and Jessie Hull hand out candy to trick-or-treaters from the Boys and Girls Club of Greater High Point.
HPU Students Host Trick-or-Treating Event for Local Children
Chander Whicker WBTV
Senior Interns With WBTV 3 News
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race