Class of 2014 Profile: Haley Ruehle Teaches and Serves

Posted on August 1, 2014.

Name: Haley Ruehle

Major: Ruehle graduated with a B.A. in K-12 Health and Physical Education on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Ruehle accepted a position as a K-5 Health and P.E. teacher at Central Academy at Lake Park in Indian Trail, N.C. Ruehle also recently returned from serving as a project leader for Adventures in Missions, an international missions organization, in Swaziland, Africa – a volunteer position in which she will continue to serve during future summers.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has provided me with the necessary tools and skills to be able to find a job as a teacher. The countless hours of working on resumes, attending professional conferences and being surrounded by professors and faculty who really cared about my success helped me get to where I am in my post-grad life. HPU also encouraged me to serve those around me as apart of my daily life, which is one of the many reasons that I have pursued international missions as a large part of my future.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Martie Bell constantly pushed me deeper into our major and exposed me to professional development before I even attended HPU as a freshman by presenting at state, regional and national conferences. She supported me in everything I did, including out-of-class activities and endeavors. She was always concerned with my well-being and was my number one supporter at HPU as far as making sure my work was recognized and praised. I would not be where I am today as a recent graduate and professional in the world of education.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “There hasn’t been just one specific impactful moment while I was attending HPU. Everyday I walked into class, worked in admissions or was a part of an organization I was impacted. Every person I came in contact with and everyday I went through taught me something new, something I knew I would have never learned if I wasn’t at HPU. Attending HPU gave me impactful moments everyday, not just one.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant