Class of 2014 Profile: Laura Fritts Works Toward Doctoral Degree

08.14.2014

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2014:

Name: Laura Fritts

Major: Fritts graduated with a B.S. in Biochemistry on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Fritts will be pursing her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree at the UNC Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy in Chapel Hill, N.C.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point is truly a place full of inspiring people. I am very fortunate for all the wonderful opportunities that High Point offered me. My professors went above and beyond to make sure that I was getting the most out of my education and that I was on path to reaching my future goals. Beyond the classroom, I had many wonderful opportunities to get involved with the community, make connections with others in my profession, and even travel the world!  I truly believe that much of my success can be attributed to my education at High Point.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Eric Lewis and Dr. Heather Miller. Both of these professors were so helpful in preparing me for pharmacy school not only with recommendation letters but also presenting me with opportunities to increase my chances at acceptance, encouraging me to pursue research opportunities, and helping me present at various scientific conferences.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I would say that my opportunities to travel to Nicaragua and Chile for service trips through Alpha Phi Omega was one of the most impactful moments at High Point because volunteering is a passion of mine. Both of these trips were life changing and experiences that I’ll never forget.”

08

22

Anne Davey NC Republican Party
Junior Interns with NC Republican Party
Briayna Cuffie at GCDP
Students Gain Experience at Guilford County Democratic Party
Pre-Law students at supreme court
Students Attend, Learn From Supreme Court Hearing