Class of 2014 Profile: Luiza Fogaca Shines in International Sales

08.15.2014

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2014:

Name: Luiza Fogaca

Major: Fogaca graduated with a B.S. in International Business, with minors in French and Sales, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Fogaca accepted a position as an International Sales Associate for furniture company Schnadig and Caracole in High Point. In her position, Fogaca is responsible for managing the company’s accounts in Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia. She also works on opening the market for products in countries the company is not yet present. Before graduating, Fogaca completed a year-long internship with Schnadig and Caracole.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has given me many tools to enhance my skills and to earn much more than a college degree; it has helped me to improve my communication, networking and relationship building skills. All those factors are extremely important in the business world, especially when you are dealing with people from all over the world, which implies different cultures and customs. HPU has also given me the opportunity to get involved in many ways off-campus that expanded my knowledge and opened many doors and opportunities.

Career Services is a great department at HPU that all students should reach out to at some point during their four school years. Bridget Holcombe was very helpful and important to me as graduation was becoming closer and many doubts were raising. I also used Career Services for help with my resume, job application and grad school research.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I have had so many impactful professors at HPU that is hard to name one. Dr. Carole Head and Dr. Michael McCully were extremely important as I transferred from Brazil to HPU. I learned so much from Dr. McCully’s International Economics class and I see the subjects applied on a daily basis. I also started to take French out of curiosity, but Dr. Head’s class challenged me in many ways that I decided to turn it in my minor and I loved it. At my last semester at HPU I also had a chance to meet and take a Sales class with Professor Larry Quinn. He taught me practical and personal skills that I have been using and will always use in my career. He would go out of his way to help any student and his passion for sales and charismatic personality made me decide to pursue a career in this area. He loves what he does and enjoys seeing his students reaching out for success.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “As the most impactful moment at HPU, I would like to mention the opportunities provided by HPU for us to chase our dreams. They school gave us the tools; we just had to take advantage of it and start the engine. I had the chance to participate at the Model United Nations Club and also Selling Club. At MUN conferences I met people from all over the world, and it opened my eyes and mind for world issues that most people do not even know existed. I also was lucky enough to work with other students to start the Selling Club at HPU and to go to a sales competition where I faced opportunities that led to job offers.”

Sep
      20

13

Marvin Blickenstaff
    HPU to Host Recital, Workshops by Pianist Marvin Blickenstaff
    Tory Crossen Teens for Jeans
    Freshman Finds Match for Her Caring Spirit at HPU
    TaraShea Nesbit
    HPU Welcomes Author TaraShea Nesbit With Grant Series