Class of 2014 Profile: Rachel Miller Establishes a Future in Istanbul

Posted on August 13, 2014.

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2014:

Name: Rachel Miller

Major: Miller graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Miller accepted a position as a Digital Media Marketer at Endeavor, a global nonprofit organization that transforms emerging countries by supporting high-impact entrepreneurs, located in Istanbul, Turkey.

How HPU helped you get there: “Through HPU’s Study Abroad Program, I was able to study and live in Sevilla, Spain. Without Heidi Fischer and Chris Ferguson in the Study Abroad Office, I would not have wanted to expand my career opportunities on a global basis.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “At HPU, I was given the opportunity to work with a handful of successful and extremely intelligent professors. I was lucky enough to have Dr. Dean Smith as my Communication Law and Ethics professor. As any communication student knows, COM Law is the most challenging and rigorous course you take at HPU. After countless hours of research, weekends spent with study groups, and a few gallons of coffee later, I began to understand and appreciate the knowledge I gained from Professor Smith regarding Communication Law. I think Professor Smith can rest easy at night; if any of his students end up on the show Jeopardy, and the winning question has anything to do with the First Amendment, because of him, we all can recite it by heart.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The day that I began packing my room up with my three roommates was the most impactful moment. Four years filled with memories, responsibilities, international experience, and knowledge made me the woman I am today. For that, I thank you, HPU.”

The photo features students presenting their fundraising campaign to the High Point Center for Children and Families advisory board.
Students Create Fundraiser Campaigns for High Point Center for Children and Fami…
Community members enjoy a carriage ride drawn by Clydesdale horses during the first night of High Point University’s fourth annual Community Christmas.
Thousands Enjoy HPU’s 4th Annual Community Christmas
This photo features faculty and staff from the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication with gifts donated for five families from the Hattie Lee Burgess home.
Qubein School of Communication Provides Christmas for Five Families