Class of 2014 Profile: Scott Staffi Thrives in Interior Design

08.5.2014

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2014:

Name: Scott Staffi

Major: Staffi graduated with a B.S. in Interior Design on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Staffi accepted a position with Trade Products Corporation, a commercial interior design firm that furnishes buildings all over the world. In his position, Staffi works with government facilities and contracts that the company has established, meeting clients’ needs and expectations outfitting their office spaces. He not only designs facilities in the continental U.S., but around the world in Japan and Djibouti as well.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University gave me what it took to get into the field and start making connections. The importance of contacts is something that the professors in the Interior Design Department told us from the first day of classes. Additionally, the High Point Market was a valuable stepping stone into the competitive industry. Throughout my four years, the magnitude of our projects gave me the experience of putting bid proposals together, which has proved to be helpful in my professional career.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “My most impactful professor at HPU was Professor Cathy Nowicki. Ms. Nowicki went above and beyond in teaching our class the important traits of the field, such as how to talk to perspective business clients and how to network in the field, which helped when interviewing at different firms. For me, the reason she was the most beneficial professor in the department is that she had background in the Interior Design industry and could share her first-hand knowledge and experience. She would always be the first to encourage our class to find market jobs as well as apply the knowledge that we had learned in her various classes. The holistic education that I received from not only professor Nowicki but the whole Interior Design department really helps distinguish its graduates.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I don’t think there was just one impactful moment at HPU. I really appreciated and tried to take advantage of every opportunity I could while attending the university. Each day was a positive new learning experience. Regardless if it was in the classroom, working on campus, or just relaxing, High Point definitely had a positive impact on me. Although, if I had to choose just one, it would have to be graduation day. This is the one day that you work up to in your college career. It is the definition of a holistic reward. On graduation day you get to celebrate what you have accomplished throughout your four years at High Point. A college career would be nothing without the graduation ceremony; it’s a milestone for both the students and the university itself.”

Sep
      20

13

WindSync
    HPU to Host Community Concert by WindSync Quintet
    Bob Rathbun
    Sportscaster Bob Rathbun to Visit HPU
    Broyhill at HPU 1
    Senator James Broyhill Shares Stories of Capitol Building