Class of 2014 Profile: Travis Goetz Manages Logistics in Maryland

Posted on August 18, 2014.

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2014:

Name: Travis Goetz

Major: Goetz graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Goetz accepted a position as the Logistics Manager for Love Point Ventures, Inc., a site development contractor and trucking company, in Stevensville, Md.

How HPU helped you get there: “One of the most beneficial ways HPU prepared me for the work world was by having professors with real-world knowledge and experience.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. David Little was one of those professors that brought real-world knowledge and experience into the classroom. Through his experience, he was able to introduce real-world situations. Then, by challenging us students to come up with our own solutions, we were able to implement what we learned into real-world situations. By coming up with my own solutions, I feel that I retained and learned the information better than I had in any other class. Also, Dr. Little took a genuine interest in not only ensuring students had the tools to be successful in his course, but also in our post-college endeavors. Through offering constant help inside and outside the classroom, it was evident Dr. Little wanted to see his students succeed.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “At the end of college, it is easy to forget about how much you’ve changed since freshman year. Graduation day was a time for me to reflect on my positive experience at HPU and to see how much I’ve changed and learned over the years. Between studying abroad and the academic and social experiences, HPU played a vital role in affecting where I am today.”

This photo features faculty and staff from the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication with gifts donated for five families from the Hattie Lee Burgess home.
Qubein School of Communication Provides Christmas for Five Families
Norcross Gaduate School
Norcross Graduate School to Host Open House
Empathy Dinner 1
Fraternity Hosts Empathy Dinner