Communication Major Interns at 102JamZ

Posted on August 6, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 6, 2014 – Dominique Higdon, a rising senior at High Point University and native of Glenn Dale, Md., is getting a behind-the-scenes look at radio broadcasting through her internship at 102JamZ in Greensboro, N.C.

The internship gives Higdon experience in a variety of radio broadcasting roles, including the planning and organization of promotional events and campaigns, managing social media accounts, scriptwriting and brainstorming.

Higdon says she is grateful for the education and support she received from HPU.

“My Learning Excellence counselor, Mr. Collin Cowne, constantly told me that I could achieve anything I wanted to if I worked hard and believed in myself,” says Higdon. “Dr. Wilfred Tremblay’s Radio Practicum class also opened the gates to my future. It not only taught me the ins and outs of radio, but also gave me an opportunity to host my own radio show.”

The communication major says she was also the only intern selected to take on a major role in the station’s Christmas in July event. Higdon was chosen to portray Mrs. Clause and performed with on-air personalities.

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Montlieu Academy of Technology kindergartner Hezekiah shows off the ornament he and his book buddy, High Point University student Campbell Stewart, created for the HPU School of Education Festival Tree.
HPU Book Buddies Celebrate the Holidays
Winter Band Concert
Ensembles to Perform Winter Band Concert
Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature