Communication Major Interns at 102JamZ

08.6.2014

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 6, 2014 – Dominique Higdon, a rising senior at High Point University and native of Glenn Dale, Md., is getting a behind-the-scenes look at radio broadcasting through her internship at 102JamZ in Greensboro, N.C.

The internship gives Higdon experience in a variety of radio broadcasting roles, including the planning and organization of promotional events and campaigns, managing social media accounts, scriptwriting and brainstorming.

Higdon says she is grateful for the education and support she received from HPU.

“My Learning Excellence counselor, Mr. Collin Cowne, constantly told me that I could achieve anything I wanted to if I worked hard and believed in myself,” says Higdon. “Dr. Wilfred Tremblay’s Radio Practicum class also opened the gates to my future. It not only taught me the ins and outs of radio, but also gave me an opportunity to host my own radio show.”

The communication major says she was also the only intern selected to take on a major role in the station’s Christmas in July event. Higdon was chosen to portray Mrs. Clause and performed with on-air personalities.

08

22

Psychology, HPU, Relationship Research, Sadie Leder
    Professor Authors Chapter in New Book for Aspiring Psychology Professors
    Sharon Love
    HPU to Host Mother of Slain UVA Student for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
    Junior Michelle Palombi informs buyers about products at Designmaster Furniture during the fall High Point Market.
    Industry Exposé: Students Work at High Point Market