Communication Major Interns at 102JamZ

Posted on August 6, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 6, 2014 – Dominique Higdon, a rising senior at High Point University and native of Glenn Dale, Md., is getting a behind-the-scenes look at radio broadcasting through her internship at 102JamZ in Greensboro, N.C.

The internship gives Higdon experience in a variety of radio broadcasting roles, including the planning and organization of promotional events and campaigns, managing social media accounts, scriptwriting and brainstorming.

Higdon says she is grateful for the education and support she received from HPU.

“My Learning Excellence counselor, Mr. Collin Cowne, constantly told me that I could achieve anything I wanted to if I worked hard and believed in myself,” says Higdon. “Dr. Wilfred Tremblay’s Radio Practicum class also opened the gates to my future. It not only taught me the ins and outs of radio, but also gave me an opportunity to host my own radio show.”

The communication major says she was also the only intern selected to take on a major role in the station’s Christmas in July event. Higdon was chosen to portray Mrs. Clause and performed with on-air personalities.

This photo features faculty and staff from the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication with gifts donated for five families from the Hattie Lee Burgess home.
Qubein School of Communication Provides Christmas for Five Families
Norcross Gaduate School
Norcross Graduate School to Host Open House
Empathy Dinner 1
Fraternity Hosts Empathy Dinner