Class of 2015 Outcomes: Brittany Bonato Begins Career at WeddingWire

With commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: Brittany Bonato

Hometown: Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Major: Bonato will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in Human Relations, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Bonato accepted a position as a Sales Associate with WeddingWire Inc. in Chevy Chase, Maryland. In her position, Bonato will engage with various wedding and event merchants to help their businesses grow.

How HPU helped you get there: “I actually said in my interview that I had the same feeling in their office as I did on HPU’s campus, because the culture is very similar. HPU has taught me to live extraordinary and to go after a career I’m truly passionate about. An HPU grad and sorority sister of mine introduced me to WeddingWire, so I honestly believe if I did not choose HPU I would not be where I am today!

I also utilized Career & Professional Development. I have met with Sue Brien, Elizabeth Walker, Eric Melniczek, and Bridget Holcombe. I took the CareerLeader assessment with Bridget before they officially added it to their career exploration tools for business students; she pulled my results and showed me how they aligned with WeddingWire. Sue really helped me out with preparing for interviews, and Elizabeth helped me with my cover letter to WeddingWire.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Nido Qubein. He truly is an inspiration and I have learned the most about the real world from his freshman and senior seminars. I feel like I know him on a personal level and not many college students can say that they’ve even met their president. He is honestly my role model; I’ve told myself that if Nido can wake up at 5 a.m. and give a 5-hour speech (among all the other things he does in a day), then I can wake up early and rock an interview!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Colonizing Alpha Kappa Psi professional business fraternity on HPU’s campus. I worked with a team to convert the Business Students Association to AKPsi and served as the president. It was an awesome challenge and I’m so thankful for that experience and the leadership opportunity!”

Advice for underclassmen: “You don’t have to know exactly what you want to do. I honestly didn’t figure it out until this semester. Finding what I wanted to do was the most overwhelming part for me. Everyone kept telling me that I’d figure it out and I had time and I didn’t need to have it all figured out, but I didn’t believe them until now! As long as you work hard and are determined, everything will work out! My advice for the job search would be to really take the time and put in the extra effort to get to know a company you’re interviewing with on a deeper level.”