Class of 2015 Outcomes: Christina Drake Heads to Graduate School

With commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: Christina Drake

Hometown: High Point, North Carolina

Major: Drake will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Accounting on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Drake will attend graduate school at North Carolina State University for a master’s degree in accounting starting May 18. After she graduates from NCSU and obtains her CPA license, Drake plans to work for a public accounting firm in the field of tax.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped prepare me for graduate school through my accounting classes. Marnie Matthews sparked my passion in financial accounting and Scott Davis’ tax classes have challenged and helped me grow. My accounting professors have offered excellent career advice and mentoring which makes me feel more confident in this next step.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most impactful mentor at HPU is Scott Davis. His experience in the industry and advice for undergraduate students is priceless. I have made several beneficial decisions because of him.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment at HPU hasn’t happened yet; it will be graduation day for me. My degree means so much to me. Walking across the stage and obtaining my diploma will be a turning point in my life.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Find a subject you love, are good at, and stick to it. I think you can be successful in your endeavors as long as there is a meaningful purpose behind it. If passion isn’t there, then it will be hard to find motivation.”