Class of 2015 Outcomes: Kris Gafford Pursues Sales in DC

With commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: Kris Gafford

Hometown: Summerfield, North Carolina

Major: Gafford will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with minors in Accounting and Marketing, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Gafford accepted a sales position at Lennox International, a climate control solutions company in the Washington, D.C. area.

How HPU helped you get there: “I joined the HPU Selling Club and met a recruiter from Lennox while attending a career fair that I went to as part of the club and was able to turn that relationship into a job. Career Services also helped me with my resume.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “My most impactful professor at HPU was Professor Quinn because he influenced me to pursue a career in sales. ”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was while in Quinn’s sales class; he invited me to join the Selling Club which lead to me landing a job.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Be as involved as possible by joining clubs and taking advantage of what HPU has to offer.”