Class of 2015 Outcomes: Marcus Cromwell Hired by Aetna

With commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: Marcus Cromwell

Hometown: Edgewater, Maryland

Major: Cromwell will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Cromwell accepted a position as a Middle Market Account Executive at Aetna, a healthcare insurance company.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point’s PSB Selling Club helped to introduce me to Aetna at the International Collegiate Sales Competition (ICSC) in Orlando, Florida this past November. I utilized the Career fair during my junior year to secure an internship that provided me with valuable job-related and personal tools which I still use today. Career and Internship Services also helped me in improving my resume and LinkedIn profile for my job search.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Professor Larry Quinn has been so impactful because he was the person who to taught me how to sell myself and has helped put me in contact with recruiters from some of the top companies in their respective industries. And most of all he has just been a phenomenal mentor to me, and somebody who has fought for me and for my success. It’s hard to say all that he has done for me, but I wouldn’t be where I am today without his support and guidance, and I’d be ashamed if I didn’t thank him for that.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My semester abroad in Newcastle, Australia, was when I grew the most as a person. I was able to travel the world with people that I will call my friends until the end of my life. I learned a lot about myself during that time period and the kind of person I want to be in life and how I want to impact the world.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice to incoming freshmen would be to get involved in on-campus organizations and clubs as soon as possible and study abroad if you can!”