Class of 2015 Outcomes: Andrew Colitti Works Toward Master of Accountancy

With commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: Andrew Colitti

Hometown: Matthews, North Carolina

Major: Colitti will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Accounting on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Colitti will continue his education through Wake Forest University’s Master of Science in Accountancy program.

How HPU helped you get there: “Bridget Holcombe in Career & Internship Services was the most helpful in getting me to Wake Forest because she worked with me on my interviewing skills. Before working with her I struggled a lot with interviews. All of my professors were very helpful in the process as well. They supported me and worked with me while I was studying for the GMAT and going back and forth from HPU to Wake Forest for interviews and class visits.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Premalata Sundaram worked with me to get a paper that I wrote published in the HPU Journal of Creative and Scholarly Works. She helped me while I was editing the paper and gave advice on how to improve it.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Stay focused on tasks that will make you successful in the long run. If you can decide what is important to you and what will help you in the future, then it will be easier to not let little things that aren’t important distract you from your work.”