Class of 2015 Outcomes: Christa Goin Manages 1,500 Homes

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: Christa Goin

Hometown: Zionsville, Indiana

Major: Goin graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Goin accepted a position as the activities director for Kuester Management Group in Charlotte, North Carolina. In her position, Goin will plan, coordinate and execute all of the events in a 1,500 home community managed by Kuester.

How HPU helped you get there: “Without even realizing it, my four years at HPU were preparing me for the ‘real world.’ Most importantly, the professors at HPU were always open and available to help me in any and every way. Professor Larry Quinn, especially, went above and beyond being just a great teacher. He worked with me from the beginning to the end in preparation for job searching, making introductions, writing letters of recommendation, and interview coaching. He was even the person I called right before an interview to calm my nerves! The constant support, encouragement and mentoring I received in my college career has given me the confidence to pursue every opportunity available to me.

Career and Internship Services helped me primarily in the beginning phase of my job search and in narrowing down where I would want to live and have a career after graduation. It’s a big world with many opportunities, and they helped me discover the location that was the best fit for me.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Dr. Marc Foster, chair of the Music Department. From my freshman year through senior year – and hopefully for many years to come – Dr. Foster has been a good listener, a voice of reason, a disciplinarian, a teacher of more than just music and a friend. He has always been more than just a professor; he has continually had an open door to all students and always made the time to make each of us feel important at that very minute when we needed that kind of support, confidence and compassion. He has helped shape me into the person I am today and it has been a privilege to be ‘Fostered’ on occasion! Not to mention, he is always the most excited professor when you share your accomplishments!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “With that kind of professor at my side, it only stands to reason that my most impactful moments at HPU were centered around being a part of Chamber Singers. For three years, I have been so proud and honored to be a member of this respected group. It has been so amazing to have a family like this while living so far away from my own family. Like my family at home, they have allowed me to be myself and accepted me for the unique individual I am. And we passionately shared a love of music – what could be better! I will miss walking into 116 every day for Chamber Singers.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Make the most of your college experience, whatever that means to you; it goes incredibly fast. Meet people – all kinds of people – study hard, go places, be a leader and set an example for others. Don’t be afraid to take risks. Risks will scare you, but they also push you forward and this is the way you will continue to find opportunities that open doors and help you grow.”