Class of 2015 Outcomes: John Holland Commences Business Career

Name: John Holland

Hometown: Buffalo, New York

Major: Holland graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minor in Marketing, on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Holland accepted a position in Aetna’s E. E. Cammack Group School Development Program in Hartford, Connecticut. After completing the program, he will be a Middle Market Account Executive for Aetna.

How HPU helped you get there: “In combination with all my experiences here at High Point University, the help of my professors and mentors, family and friends, I have become a better person, which has led me to where I am today. My professors at High Point have challenged me in ways I never thought possible. From that constant push to always give my best, I have realized new limits to which I can push myself by taking advantage of everything High Point has to offer.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Without a doubt, I would have to say that Larry Quinn has been the most impactful professor I have ever had. Over the years he has become one of my greatest mentors; without him, my time at High Point would have been drastically different. If not for him, I do not know if I would be in the same place I am today. For that I am truly grateful.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment of my time at High Point University would be when I was elected President of the Professional Selling Club. To this day this has been one of the greatest honors bestowed upon me. Not only is it a club that I am truly passionate about, but it’s the club that enabled me to land a job months prior to graduation. It has been an honor to lead this club for the short time I’ve been given.”

Advice for underclassmen: “The best advice that I got growing up was to simply get out of your own head. Stop paying attention to everything else that’s going on around you, and focus on the things that truly matter and make you happy. Set goals for yourself, and hold yourself accountable when you do not reach them. Discover why you failed, and make the necessary corrections that will enable you to succeed in the future. When you find out what you are truly passionate about, you will succeed.”