Class of 2015 Outcomes: L.J. Georgetti Goes to Grad School

With another successful commencement behind us, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: L.J. Georgetti

Hometown: Ocean City, New Jersey

Major: Georgetti graduated with a B.S. in Exercise Science on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Georgetti will attend graduate school for physical therapy at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Georgetti received the prestigious Dean’s Scholarship at Thomas Jefferson based on his outstanding academic performance and potential for excellence in the health profession.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me achieve this goal by preparing me inside and outside the classroom. At HPU, I have been surrounded by some amazing faculty members who have influenced me as a student to constantly improve and work hard. They have also made learning unique and exciting. Additionally, HPU has offered one of the best Biomechanics Laboratories around with state-of-the-art equipment which has allowed me and my classmates to participate in experiential learning.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Most importantly I would like to give credit where credit is due and say that all the professors in the exercise science major are fantastic, and I owe so much credit to all of them. My most impactful mentor at HPU is President Dr. Nido Qubein. After taking his freshman seminar I learned so much and was influenced by him to work hard the next four years at High Point. Now, as a senior and subsequent to taking his class he has yet influenced me again to chase my dreams after college. Also, in this senior seminar he gave so many tips and keys for success for life after college.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I will always remember all the experiences and memories I have had with all my teammates on the golf team here at HPU. But I will always remember the tournament that we won in Williamsburg, Virginia during my sophomore year.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t take anything that HPU has to offer for granted. In doing this, always work hard and capitalize on any opportunities that may be presented to you.”