Class of 2015 Outcomes: Lauren Tolliver Selected for Professional Development

With commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2015:

Name: Lauren Tolliver

Hometown: Annapolis, Maryland

Major: Tolliver will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Tolliver accepted a position in the Business Management Professional Development Program (PDP) with Northrop Grumman in Baltimore, Maryland. Tolliver previously completed two summer internships with Northrop Grumman before being offered a full-time position in September 2014.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University provided me with an endless amount of opportunities. I couldn’t have gotten to where I am today without the support and encouragement from my professors, peers and Career & Internship Services. I was lucky enough to pick a school where they truly put the students needs first and will go above and beyond to make sure students have what they need to be successful. I was challenged each and everyday here at High Point University – whether it was in the classroom or outside – and for that I am thankful.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “I have had great professors here at High Point. If I had to pick the most impactful professor, two come to mind: Dr. Phil Norwood and Dr. Peter Summers. Both professors pushed me to be better than I was both in and out of the classroom. They believed in me and truly did everything they could to help me succeed here at High Point. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the lessons both of these professors provided me with.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “It’s hard to pinpoint the most impactful moment here at High Point. Everything I have done here – whether it was joining Zeta Tau Alpha, working at the Information Technology Department, or changing my major from education to business – I believe they all happened for a reason. Each moment here has allowed me to grow and prepared me for the next step in life.”

Advice for underclassmen: Pursue an internship. Having an internship will allow you to realize what you like and what you don’t like before you have to make the career choice when you graduate college.”