Class of 2015 Outcomes: Liz Bellet Recruits for Aerotek

Name: Liz Bellet

Hometown: Waldorf, Maryland

Major: Bellet graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Bellet accepted a position as a recruiter at Aerotek, a recruiting and staffing services provider, in Greensboro, North Carolina. In her position, Bellet will source, screen and select potential contractors to fill open positions with Aerotek’s clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “I am involved in the Tri-Sigma social sorority and one of our recruitment advisors was impressed with my networking skills after I approached her one day. I learned all my networking skills through professional events held on campus and presentations put on via Career Services – she was so impressed that she forwarded my resume to an internal recruiter and we now work 15 feet from one another.

Over the past 4 years at High Point University I have utilized Career & Internship Services heavily, from re-working my resume, to creating a professional LinkedIn profile, to polishing my interview skills. I attribute most of my professional success to the individual attention I received through the Career and Internship services.”

Most impactful staff member at HPU: “Bridget Holcombe has been the best thing that ever happened to me professionally; she has encouraged me from day one. She is a constant source of advice and uplifting encouragement. She helped me build my resume year in and year out, she helped me make connections through LinkedIn, and finally she has just been a wonderful sounding board and screening system as I worked through the interview processes. Her dedication to her students is unbelievable and speaks volume for the HPU mission and Career Services.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “It is near about impossible to talk about just one moment at HPU that has impacted me specifically. It was more of a constant impact, through the career center, my professors and my social organizations. There is something about HPU that just fosters professional growth and HPU was the best thing that ever happened to me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “You have to network and network and network some more. I had no connections via family or friends that were going to help me find a job after college; I had to beat the street and do it myself. Also, start early and search for internships. There are millions out there and you just have to apply. I have always been sure corporate America was for me, I just had to find my place. You will too, but it won’t be handed to you.”